In 1879 the city of Marietta purchased a Silsby steam-powered pumper. It was the 655th steamer manufactured by the Silsby Manufacturing Company in Seneca Falls, NY, and one of only five still in existence. It's a 500-gallon pumper and can flow approximately two tons of water per minute. It served the city until 1921 when it was replaced by the 1921 American LaFrance pumper.
The steamer was named the "Aurora" by the local citizens. It was completely nickel-plated and is functional.